Saturday, September 24, 2011

Okay, I have been really bad about keeping up on here. I mean really bad. Things have been so hectic here and I am going to make a point of doing this every day from now on. So many weird/exciting things happen in my life that I think it helps to write it down to make everything more real.

A lot has been going on: Olivia started Kindergarten on the 24th of August. It has been a roller coaster ride for the poor child. I chose not to send her to pre school becuase of the stories I had heard about local preschools. I think that was a mistake. They are expected to know so much more now. They are actually doing math that my other kids didn't do until first grade. It is so ridiculous. I read an article one day that said that over 50 percent of kids who go into Kindergarten today will start having trouble in school by second grade because they are starting them off too fast and hard these days. They either need to make preschool free and mandatory or slow down a bit in my opinion. I will not let Olivia get caught up in it all though. I will keep teaching her here at home and re enforcing what she learns at school so by the second grade she will be ahead if not right on track! Some parents, sadly, can't or won't do that. You know, sometimes this world is just fucked up!!! But back to Olivia - she has been coming home so exhausted and I thought she would be over it by now, but she isn't yet. If she doesn't improve in the next week or two I will take her to the doc to see if there is something more going on. Both of my other kids loved Kindergarten, but I'm not sure Livy does. But then again, the older two had half day and Livy went from no structure to 7 full hours of structure and discipline. LOL Poor baby.

Lillian is doing great. She is trying her best to crawl, but keeps getting on her hands and feet instead of her hands and knees. Cute, but very frustrating for her! She is also pulling up on everything and cruising along the couch. She is getting big so quickly!

My Gwendolynn just turned 16 and is a Junior now! She and I are applying for a job togethter. The local Wal Mart where DH works is desperate for people so we are both trying to become cashiers. Gwen has her second interview next week and I just submitted my app so we will see what happens. The good thing about the jobs is that we will totally be off public assistance! The bad part is that our insurance sucks so we will have a hard time doing all the stuff we need to do for Bella without medicaid or CHIP to help. We will manage!

Tenton had been showing signs that to me whispered autism so I took him to the doctor who diagnosed Isabella and she said he is just copying his siblings and trying to get attention. He is the only boy in a sea of estrogen (besides DH). We have been letting him tantrum himself out instead of giving in to him and we have to accept that the neighbors might call the cops but will just have to deal with it if the time comes. That boy can get LOUD!!!! He is strong too and if he starts throwing or hitting, watch out! He is getting better though. Low and behold he is only like that after his three older sisters get home from school. DAMN THAT ESTROGEN!!!


Funny kid quote of the day -
Olivia wanted us to check our account to see if we had money to go out to breakfast and said
"Mom, go onto money.com and see if we have enough money in our account" I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment