Monday, September 26, 2011

Last night we all had a good laugh.  We set Lily on the couch next to me with a plate of Gerber puffs in front of her.  She was picking them up and eating them perfectly and I look away for a second and when I turn back she is bent completely over with her head on the plate and sits herself  back up with a mouth full of the puffs.  She was imitating the dog I think.  It was so cute!  We tried to get it on video, but the minute we turned the darn thing on she stopped doing it.

This was a nice LAZY day!  Gwen stayed home from school with a bad tummy so we just laid/sat around and played on the computer, watched TV and took care of Lillian.  It was so nice.  I really needed the break.  And we had a decent nap.  I just wish this reflux or growth spurt Lily is going through would end so she isn't eating all night/naptime!

We have been waiting for Lily to crawl because she is trying so hard, but today she officially for the first time went from a laying to a sitting position!  I know, I know, no big deal...but things like this excite the shit out of me. :D

Olivia seems to be adjusting a bit better to school. She came home in a great mood, complimented her teacher and didn't really need to have a nap.  She is outside playng as I type this and she is going strong.  Either getting her back on her vitamins helped, or she was just having a bad few weeks or something.  I don't think she was playing us for attention, but with my kids anything is possible these days.

We had an interesting family discussion at dinner tonight.  We talked about standardized testing.  This district has so many standardized tests throughout the year that the teachers no longer teach everything the kids should know...They teach to the test and it really sucks to know that my kids get to know a few things really well, but don't get the experience of learning a wide variety of stuff like I did when I was a kid.  Such a sad state of affairs for our future. :(

Can I say how proud I am of my Isabella.  This whole Asperger's thing has been hard on her of course, but she is doing great socially!!!  She has a great group of friends and hasn't lost her cell phone (she uses it to keep in touch with friends) in over a month.  I am just so tickled pink - I know, I know, an old lady saying...but then again I AM A DAMN OLD LADY!!!! According to her teachers she is also blossoming in class.  I guess years of therapy have been worth it.

Hopefully Gwen and I will know about our perspective jobs at wal mart soon!!!  I want to get to making some money although I am gonna miss Lily like crazy.  I'm not used to leaving the kids with daddy! ;)

Oh and I am so relieved to say that miss Lily seems to be getting her appetite back after her tummy bug.  She has been eating food/breast milk like a little piggy all day!!!!!!!

My son seems to have a fascination with poop lately. (he is almost 4)  I swear every other word out of that boys mouth is POOP.  So my kid quote of the day comes from him.  When dinner was ready he said
"Yay! Macaroni and Poop"  Blech......  He just laughed though and then sat down to his dinner of mac and cheese and Chicken Nuggets.

Wonder if anything truly exciting will happen tomorrow....~TILL NEXT TIME~

No comments:

Post a Comment